Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Tuesday nights

I love Tuesday nights. I love the Nashville School of Preaching & Biblical Studies. I love my students. I have the best teaching job in the world, because of the students who come to my class. They bless my life so much.

Nashville School of Preaching is a night school. Most of the students work all day and come to the school rather than go to a ball game or watch television. In spite of being tired from a day's labor, they come to the school. Some drive up to 100 miles.

They come every week expecting to hear something. They come eager and wanting to hear everything I have to say. They take extensive notes, tape me (one student even puts me up on the web), and are glad to be around me. They make my day.

Tuesday nights are special. Because these students love the Lord so much and are willing to sacrifice themselves to learn God's Word. For this reason I try to give them my best. By the way, you can see some of my classbooks at the church website:

www.God-answers.org

The things I love most (besides the Lord and my family) is studying and teaching the Word of God, the Bible. The Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to do that every day--and on Tuesday nights with some of the finest people on earth, my students and friends. God is so good. I just have to say thank you, now and then.

Phil

No comments: